Pad Thai raw version
Published on October 22, 2015
A healthier option of the normal Pad Thai salad, the raw version is packed with more vitamins and tastes just as good as the original. It takes only half an hour to prepare and can go perfectly separate or as a side dish to meat.
You can adjust servings
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 carrots
- 1 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup raw almond butter
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 tbspn raw honey
- 1 tbspn minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tbspn raw soy sauce (Nama Shoyu)
- 1 tbspn unpasteurized miso
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 tspn cayenne pepper
- Use a vegetable peeler to slice zucchini lengthwise creating long thin ‘noodles’.
- Put the slices on individual plates.
- Slice carrots like the zucchini into long strips with vegetable peeler.
- In a large bowl combine carrots, cabbage, red bell pepper, and bean sprouts.
- Whisk together almond butter, orange juice, honey, ginger, Nama Shoyu, miso, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Pour half of sauce into cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Top zucchini ‘noodles’ with cabbage mixture and pour remaining sauce over each portion.