Ramadan special: Grilled chicken
Published on July 1, 2014
Fire up the barbeque with one of our favorite grilled chicken recipes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Marination time: 2- 12 hours
• 8 skinless/ boneless chicken breasts cut into cubes
• 5 small onions cut into rings
• 3 bell peppers (red, green, and yellow) cut into small cubes
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
• 1/3 cup soy sauce (optional)
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
• 4 lemons
• Pinch of salt
• Wooden skewers
1. In a large bowl, marinate the chicken cubes in the vegetable oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, garlic, and salt & pepper.
2. Leave the chicken to marinate overnight or for two hours if you’re in a hurry.
3. Preheat the grill to 350.
4. On the wooden skewers, insert the chicken cubes in alternation with bell peppers and onions.
5. Grill the skewers on the hot grid while brushing the marinade on to the kabobs to keep them from drying out.
6. Grill for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is dark golden brown.