Raw zucchini and tomato lasagne
Published on October 22, 2015
If you’ve never tried a raw lasagne, you should because it has a spectacular taste. Plus it is diet-friendly and much easier to prepare than the original recipe. Devour your lasagne while keeping up the diet. Fresh vegetables and an almond filling create a sensual taste and keep you full for long.
- 1 zucchini
- ½ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbspns fresh basil chiffonade
- freshly-ground pepper
- Raw almond cheese (see recipe below)
Raw almond cheese:
- ⅓ cup raw almonds
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 – 3 tablespoons water, or more as needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
First prepare the raw almond cheese
- Soak almonds in water for at least 1 hour, then drain.
- Add almonds to a food processor with salt, nutritional yeast, and 1 tablespoon of water to start.
- Scrape down the sides of the processor and add more water as necessary until it reaches a consistency similar to ricotta.
- Add the chives at the last second and pulse until incorporated.
Prepare the lasagne
- Chop ends off of zucchini and cut zucchini in half.
- Use a mandolin or very sharp knife to slice zucchini into thin slices.
- Lay two slices side-by-side, spread the raw almond cheese and top with fillings of cherry tomatoes and basil, layering between more zucchini slices with cheese.
- Garnish with pepper and serve.